Without Him, We are Nothing!!!

 My name is Ewura Abena Yeboah, a student of Family Health Medical School and the first born of my parents.


Beloved, today I want to share with you the Lord's Goodness and faithfulness upon my life. By the Grace of God I'm from a Christian home with a staunch understanding in God that, 'without Him, we are nothing', and this is the understanding my parents have communicated to me and my siblings. Therefore, in everything we do we put God first. 


From childhood, I noticed I was special, especially with my academics. I have topped almost every class I have been in from primary through Junior High School to Senior High School, and this I celebrate the Most High for. 


I gave my life to Christ in primary 6 and because of my background, it was not too much of a strange thing. Growing up and growing in the knowledge of Christ, I realized this truth; Ecc. 9:11 "I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all". Even though I put much effort into my studies, I still realized my kind was not common and that there was, and still is, a peculiar Grace at work on my behalf. 


During my Senior High school days, I remember there were times I was faced with so much pressure, and fear nearly gripped me about my studies. National Quiz teams and others were demanding much of my attention and time. The expectations of family and teachers also nearly weighed me down to performing a bit lower than expected. During those moments, I prayed to God and He heard me and brought me peace and Strength.


I had straight grade '1' in all 9 subjects in my Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) then Grade 'A' in all 8 subjects in my Senior High school final examination (WASSCE). I also won a Presidential scholarship to study medicine. The scholarship was to cater for only tuition fees as we were told but after the interview the package was reviewed to include, Academic Facility User Fee, Accommodation fee, a laptop and books. Just weeks after accepting this offer, Accra College of Medicine also called asking if I was interested in their school, saying they also had a scholarship slot for me. 


I count all these as God's favor and blessings and just as His word says in Daniel 6: 3 "Then this Daniel was distinguished above the presidents and the satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm". 


I testify of Him and how True He is in Nature, if we can trust him with our lives and our tomorrow, He will go ahead and make His way plain before us. Beloved, our trust and obedience is all He requires of us. May His Peace be with us All!


Ewura Abena Yeboah, 18years.

Family Health Medical School.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God! don't let my life be wasted!

Praiseful Sunday Morning